Monday 6 June 2011

My passport and me

Thursday, 25 March 2010

My passport and me

Passport procedure!Tauba tauba!! Had I a slightest idea of how gruelling it is going to be,I would have hired some agent to do the task for me.But when I realise that,it was too late.There comes a time when we reach a point of no return.The bridges we passed through being burnt, we have no option but to slog ahead any how.

In order to save a few bucks, I decided to go through the passport procedure all by myself. I bought the passport application form from the main post-office near Jubilee baug before a month and started collecting all necessary documents, affidavits, my divorce papers, passport photos and what not. And when everything was collected I went to the main post-office again to submit my application and the beautiful lady at the desk told me that I was to submit my application at the Police commissioner’s office near Galaxee Talkies and not to them as mine was a divorce case. I wanted to ask: then why didn't you tell well in advance? But some arguments are out of place at govt. offices. All you have to do is keep your cool and provide what is demanded or do what is expected.

I went to police commissioner's office where I was told to come the next day as the time for submitting the application was over for the day. I went the next day and became a part of a long queue. All applicants with their applications and originals looked a bit nervous. When my turn came, they cancelled my form as they accepted only those forms which where filled up online on their official website: passport.gov.in. I obediently followed the instruction and the next day I went there with the downloaded form. Again the same queue. At last they accepted my applicaton and the gruelling procedure came to the end.

Now all I have to do is to visit the concerned police chowki. And after two months passport will be on palm if there is no other glitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment