Monday 6 June 2011

26th January 2010

26th January 2010

61st Republic day! For most government people it would be just a day off the work. It may not have a great importance for the people who are dedicated to their duties and doing their bit in the overall progress of the nation. Does one become more patriot on this day? Do we love our husbands, wives and friends more on valentine day? Such national holidays are more for the generation next. On this day, they get a chance to listen to the past history of the nation through their teachers or guests at schools. The idea of India as a nation takes shapes in their minds and they feel a connection with that idea. They become part of the entire history of this nation. I got up early yesterday. I had to reach the office for the Flag-salute ceremony. Listening to the patriotic songs of Hindi movies and watching school-rallies on the roads of the early morning, I reached my office just opposite Shashtri Medan. The city-level 26th January programme was going on there (i.e. in Shashtri Medan) and the state level programme was going on in Surendranagar. My colleagues were checking the flags making sure that the tricolour will open up when unfurled. PTC Girls were running here and there doing the jobs they were assigned. I was free, so I started taking their photographs. As soon as I put the cells in the camera, some girls stood giving a pose in front of the camera and requesting me for the snap. With that snap I started my photo session which ended with the programme. The programme at DIET started as per the schedule. Our principal addressed students and teachers and went on for nearly half an hour. Then followed other items. Enacted songs, pyramids by the students etc... After it was over, all departed and I went to Shashtri Medan to photograph the events going on there. Last I came here to attend 15th August ceremony. The atmosphere was same as it was on 15th August day. Collectors, ACP,.. all bigwigs of the city were present there....so many schools had taken participation in the events and those school kids were performing to the best of their ability. I never did anything of that sort in my childhood. I wish I did something like that ..!

No comments:

Post a Comment